Hi. We are the Monri team. Just like you, we care about the use of our personal information online, so it is only fair we provide you with insight into the privacy practices employed here at Monri Payments and our site monri.com. Particular areas of the world now require different privacy disclosures, so please read the entire policy to make sure you understand our practices fully.
If You are Located In the EU
What Personal Data Do We Collect From You?
Personal data is information that can be used to identify you, such as your name, IP address, and email address. As a business, we collect personal data from you in a number of ways, including:
- Opt-In To Email Newsletter: Your name and address.
- Opt-It To Our Other Services: Your name and address.
- Submitting Questions About Our Service Or Product: Your name, email address, current monthly revenue, country, website, name of your legal entity (company name), phone number, and question
- Submitting Questions If You Are Our Client: Your name, email address, and question.
What Is The Purpose of Processing Your Personal Data?
We collect the information above for the following purposes.
- Opt-In To Email Newsletter: To provide you with information on the payment types and regulations in question and the topic in general.
- Opt-It To Our Other Services: To provide information about that specific service.
- Submitting Questions About Our Service Or Product: To provide information and send offers about the requested product and/or service.
- Submitting Questions If You Are Our Client: To answer questions you might have for us.
What Legal Basis Do We Have For Collecting and Processing Your Information?
Websites must have a legal basis for collecting information from individuals located in the European Union. Our legal basis for each of the ways we collect information from you is as follows. Please note where consent forms the basis, you can withdraw consent at any time by contacting Monri Payments d.o.o. opting out of any email message using the “unsubscribe” link.
- Opt-In To Email Newsletter: We will ask for your consent first.
- Opt-It To Our Other Services: We will ask for your consent first.
- Submitting Questions About Our Service Or Product: We will collect your information as part of a legal, contractual transaction. We have an allowed legitimate interest in providing a response to your questions and need to use your data to do so. We will not use the data for other purposes.
- Submitting Questions If You Are Our Client: We have an allowed legitimate interest in providing a response to your questions and need to use your data to do so. We will not use the data for other purposes.
“Legitimate interests” for processing your personal information exist where you submit the information with an expectation that it will be processed and there is no undue impact on you. If you disagree or have questions, please contact Monri support team at [email protected] or call us at +385 1 3535 306, and we will cease the processing of your data under this legal basis.
Who Has Access To The Data We Collect?
We process and access the data we collect from you. However, we use third parties to assist us with processing your personal data, including the following categories of recipients:
- Financial transaction processors (processing your payments)
- Customer service communication platform
- Contest and survey platform
- Email communication manager
- Marketing funnel providers
- Website management services
- Website design and programming services
These third parties have signed a contract with us in which they are prohibited from utilizing, sharing, or retaining your personal data for any purpose other than what we dictate.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
We keep your personal data for different periods of time depending on the reason it was gathered in the first place.
- Opt-In To Email Newsletter: 36 months
- Opt-It To Our Other Services: 36 months
- Submitting Questions About Our Service Or Product: Four years for audit purposes.
- Submitting Questions If You Are Our Client: Four years
If a legal claim arises involving your data, we will store and disclose that data until the matter has been resolved.
Your Right To Ask For Corrections, Erasure, And Export Of Your Data
- The right to be informed: We are informing you now about this policy.
- The right of access: We’ll provide you with the data we have about you.
- The right to rectification: Request we fix incorrect data about you.
- The right to erasure: Request we erase certain data about you.
- The right to restrict processing: Ask us to restrict certain types of processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability: Ask us to provide the personal data we have for export.
- The right to object: Object to how we use your data.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling: We don’t profile you, but keep in mind you have this right with other sites.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact Monri support team at [email protected] or call us at +385 1 3535 306 with your request.
Your Right To Withdraw Consent
Although this is mentioned above, we want to emphasize that wherever we’ve asked for your consent to collect or process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent. If you receive email messages from us, you can use the “unsubscribe” link in each message to withdraw consent and stop the mailings. Alternatively, you can contact Monri support team at [email protected] or call us at +385 1 3535 306 with your request.
Do We Transfer Your Data To Third Countries?
No. We are located in the EU (Croatia). Your data is collected and held here if not stated differently.
Privacy Concerns, Contacting Us, Complaints.
You can contact Monri support team at [email protected] or call us at +385 1 3535 306 with your request with any questions or requests you have about these policies or your personal data.
For All Our Valued Friends, Regardless of Location
Legal Disclosures of Personal Information.
We may process, store, and disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us, (2) protect and defend our rights or property or (3) act under exigent circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users of the site.
We comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998. As part of the compliance process, we may be required to disclose whatever information we have for you to a copyright holder who has submitted a complaint to us.
You may leave comments on forum posts. Please remember that any information you provide is not private. The information can be viewed by anyone online including family, friends, the media, investigators, and potential employers conducting background checks.
We link to other sites, but please keep in mind that we do not control the privacy policies of those sites. Make sure to review the policies of any such sites before providing your personal information.
Sale of Business
Should we sell this site or our business, your personal information will be an asset transferred to the new owner.